Sunday, July 15, 2007

Lor's Adventures in SL continues

So what have I been doing in SL the past two nights?



There were fireworks from the top of the apartment building. Macsmom celebrated all the people involved with The Blogger's Cafe and WOW2.

I had conversations on Eduisland and ISTE island about social networks like Ning, using email with students, and internet safety. I'm starting to plan a collaborative project with some teachers I met in SL. I explored the new Lighthouse Learning island and went shopping in SL.

The conversations about education continue, but sometimes the needs of your avatar character have to be dealt with. How many times this week have I asked - am I rezzed? There's something about being out in the SL public with your hair not on, or your textures not showing correctly. I learned some new tricks - how to rebake my character so that the textures appear. I don't like looking like I'm wearing newspaper! I also learned how to make sure my jewelry was on correctly and how to edit it if it's not.

I spent time deciding what dress to wear to the Elven semi-formal party. I teleported to a friend's SL beach house for privacy to try on some of the gowns and dresses I had in my inventory. It's interesting how your avatar becomes an extension of yourself. Shopping in SL is fun for some, and tedious for others. Should you spend your lindens or go for the freebies? Do you want to change your avatar to be something different from who you really are or appear more like the real you? I've taken the liberty to make my avatar younger then the real me.

Here are Kristy and I dressed up at the Elven party.















We're both back in jeans again ready for tomorrow's adventure.

I'll be adding photos of my SL adventure to Flickr, so feel free to check them out.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/44215831@N00/sets/72157600845532890/

1 comment:

mathplayground said...

Hmmm....

6+ hours of shopping and trying on outfits plus 150 Lindens for black pearls. And I didn't even get to dance! I think I need a reality check.(lol)