Saturday, July 14, 2007

Professional Development or Just Plain FUN!

I spent several hours in SL today. That's a lot of time. But well worth it compared to other days I spent in workshops or reading educational articles and learned so little. In SL I connected with educators in New Zealand and the UK, as well as from IL, MA, WI , MO, MI and PA. I discussed best practices in education, open source apps, how to do video Skype, shared jokes, laughed about some silly SL animations, shared with others some tips and landmarks, learned about animation overrides in an online class, made new friends, rode a unicorn, jousted on a horse and shopped. All in a few hours time!

1 comment:

Jane Nicholls said...

Wow, Lor
You have been doing a lot of blogging, since I last looked at your blog :). I would love some of those landmarks, and the next time you girls go on a road trip let me know, I'd love to come (in SL that is)
Jojash